Donating Electronics - DONATE ELECTRONICS FAQs: Jump to: Search
DONATE ELECTRONICS FAQs
- CARLSBAD/ LA COSTA DONATION CENTER 92024
710 La Costa Avenue just east of I-5 on the North side of the street in the Park & Ride lot.
- EL CAJON STORE & DONATION CENTER
420 N Second Street, El Cajon 92021 (619) 328-6807
Business Hours: Mon- Sat 9am-8pm, Sun 10am -6pm
- ENCINITAS BOOKSTORE & DONATION CENTER 92024
Mon-Sat 9am-7pm, Sunday 10am - 5pm (behind store)
1520 Encinitas Blvd., Encinitas 92024 (760) 230-1403
(In center with Taco Bell off Village Square, before Trader Joes Driveway.
- ESCONDIDO/ FELICITA- STOREFRONT DONATION CENTER Accepting donations of clothing and household items. This location also accepts plastic bags, print cartridges, cell phones, electronics and computers /TVs (working or not)
1815A So. Centre City Parkway (Near Papa John's in Felicita Town Center/Major Market-RiteAid)
Escondido, CA 92025 (760) 755-7029
Business Hours: Mon - Sat 9am - 7pm, Sun 10am - 5pm
- KEARNY MESA BOOKSTORE & DONATION CENTER
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Suite 201. (619) 810-8230
Business Hours: Monday - Saturday 9am - 7pm, Sunday 10am - 5pm
- LAKE MURRAY STORE & DONATION CENTER 91942
6127 Lake Murray Blvd., La Mesa (619) 713-6165
Effective 7.11.14 Mon- Sat 9am-8pm, Sunday 10am-6pm
- SAN DIEGO/ CITY HEIGHTS "HOME " STORE & DONATION CENTER 92105
4359 Home Avenue, SD (619) 282-6596
Business Hours: Mon-Sat 9am - 8pm, Sunday 9am-6pm
- SAN DIEGO/ HILLCREST DONATION CENTER NOW OPEN
1219 University Avenue (Near Vermont) San Diego 92103 (619) 795-6630
Business Hours: Mon-Sat 9:00am-8:00pm, Sunday 9am to 6pm
SAN DIEGO/ MIRA MESA PARK & RIDE DONATION CENTER 92126: No map available
Park & Ride 1-15/ Mira Mesa Blvd.
West of I-15 In the Park & Ride lot on North side of street, near offramp from I-15
- SAN DIEGO/ PT LOMA DONATION CENTER & STORE 92110
Donation Center Open 7 Days: Monday-Saturday 8-8, Sunday 8-6
3663 Rosecrans St.
(619) 225-2200 . Donation Center on Sports Arena Blvd. across from Big Lots
- POWAY BOOKSTORE & DONATION CENTER 92064
13140 Poway Road, Poway, CA 92064 (858) 842-3280
Business Hours: Mon-Sat 9:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm
SANTEE STORE & DONATION CENTER 92071
Donation Hours: Mon-Sat 8-8 and Sunday 9-6
9575 Mission Gorge Road
- SANTEE STOREFRONT DONATION CENTER 92071
Hours: Monday- Saturday 9am-7pm, Sunday 10-5
9740C Mission Gorge Road
- SAN DIEGO/ OTAY MESA OUTLET 92154
Open 7 days 8am -4:30pm
Auctions and Electronics store, (except textiles- which is located at San Ysidro Outlet)
6655 Camino Maquiladora, San Diego CA 92154
(905 east to Brittania, north to Otay Mesa Road, west to Heritage Rd, east on Camino Maquiladora)
Near Brown Field, behind AM/PM
- SAN DIEGO/ SERRA MESA - STOREFRONT DONATION CENTER - NOW OPEN
3232 Greyling Drive Suites A&B, San Diego 92123 (858) 266-1725
Business Hours: Mon - Sat 9am - 7pm, Sun 10am - 5pm
- SAN DIEGO/ TIERRASANTA DONATION STOREFRONT CENTER
10601 Tierrasanta Bl. #L & M, San Diego 92124 (858) 832-8184
Business Hours : Mon-Sat 9am-7pm, Sun 10am-5pm
Donations accepted through front and back door
- SAN DIEGO/ UNIVERSITY CITY - DONATION STOREFRONT CENTER & DOCUMENT DESTRUCTION
IMPORTANT NOTE: This location was converted from a bookstore to a Donation Storefront in Nov 2014. We will continue to accept donations (including electronics, working or not) and offer document destruction services. A new larger bookstore is now open in Kearny Mesa! Please visit our other bookstores in Poway, Encinitas, Eastlake, Del Cerro, and East Village (San Diego). You may also purchase books from us online- or by visiting the book section at every Goodwill store!
4023 Governor Drive, San Diego, CA 92122 (858) 909-0200
Business Hours: Mon-Sat 9am - 7pm, Sunday 10am - 5pm
- SAN YSIDRO STORE, DONATION CENTER, OUTLET (TEXTILE/LINEN AUCTIONS)
630 Front Street, San Ysidro CA 92173
Directions: I-5 or I-805 south to Camino de la Plaza (last US exit). Turn left on Camino de la Plaza, go over the bridge, and go left on E. San Ysidro Blvd., Go left again at Border Village Dr. and immediate left into Front Street.
Retail Store & Donations (619) 651-1650:
STORE Mon-Sat 9-7pm , Sun 9-5 DONATIONS Mon-Sat 8-7, Sun 8-5
Auction (619) 690-1795 Hours 8-4:30 Mon-Sun.
- VISTA DONATION CENTER & STORE 92084
1056 E. Vista Way,
(760) 630-0600 (on west side of street, south of Bobier)
Donation Center open 9-6:30 Monday Through Saturday
- E-Waste vs. Electronics: We do not accept everything that is considered e-waste, only computers, laptops, cell phones, telephones, and computer parts & accessories and other electronic items. We DO NOT accept things like florescent lights, or batteries of any sort. You may wish to look at www.earth911.org for alternative recycling sites. EACH CITY IN THE COUNTY AND UNINCORPORATED AREAS also provide a place to take some of these items.
- HOSTING AN ELECTRONICS DONATION DRIVE IN YOUR COMMUNITY- THIS IS A STATE OF CALIFORNIA PUBLICATION
- DONATION DRIVES: If you are interested in hosting a drive for clothing and household items in the community, whether or not you wish to accept electronics, you may wish to visit our events page for some basic guidelines! Thanks for thinking of Goodwill.
- Your Personal / Confidential Information AND/OR Broken hard drives: It is your responsibility to remove or “wipe” your hard drives prior to donation to Goodwill. We have a very secure facility where these items are disassembled and processed for recycling, and any newer computers have the hard drives wiped exceeding DOD standards, but ultimately we cannot take responsibility for your confidential information. We have never had an incident of identity theft. If you go online, or to your local library, there are lots of free videos,detailed instructions, and resources that will allow you to either wipe your hard drive or remove it and destroy the data. You do not have to be a "techie" to figure it out.
- Required Personal Information Our internal risk management procedures and State regulations require us to get a contact name and /or business name, complete address, and a telephone number, and a signature on a statement indicating that the computers, televisions, or any other electronic items were used in California. There are laws governing the disposal of these items. If you do not wish to provide this information we suggest that you visit www.earth911.org for alternate sites although we are all governed by the same regulations.
- Why can't I take electronics to the Goodwill donation center at the Miramar Landfill?? The City of San Diego has contracted with the "recycling" facility adjacent to our location to handle all items with an electrical cord.
- What do I need to know about taking my electronics or my big TV to one of the Goodwill donation centers?
Large items, large quantities, oddly shaped, or heavy electronic items take up valuable space and in many cases can't be stacked (by law) , so we would appreciate if you could plan to bring your (large or bulky) donations before noon so that we have room to secure it, or to reroute a truck to pick it up during business hours. We suggest you bring someone to help you remove the item from your vehicle. We do not have the knowledge or equipment to remove really heavy items from your vehicle. This request also supports our insurance and liability procedures.
- I have lots of furniture, and a few electronic items to donate. What do you suggest? If you have LESS than 20 systems, and you also plan to donate several pieces of furniture and a large quantity of other items, we may be able to include your television or computer as part of our furniture pick up system. Most electronics are recycled, so it is simply not feasible to offer pick up services for electronics alone. To determine if you are eligible, please email our CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT or call us 619-225-2200 ext. 301 or 302 Monday 9:00am-4:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
- If I am donating electronics, do I have to stay home until they show up? Yes, someone must be home to complete our donation receipt at the time of pick up. If no one is present, we will only take clothing, household goods and the non-electronic items that are clearly marked for Goodwill, are outside at ground level, and can be lifted by two men and a dolly.
- These things are just too big, or too heavy, or upstairs, or at the back of the house We understand that some of these items are heavy, and that not everyone has appropriate transportation or manpower. It is important to understand that with electronics, Goodwill offers the community a free recycling service, not free moving and transportation services.
- I hear you have some sort of deal going with Dell about recycling Visit Dell Reconnect for more information on how we have partnered with the electronics giant to make sure we do everything possible to assure that these items are handled in an environmentally responsible way and to encourage people to responsibly recycle end-of-life electronics.